Sunday, January 13, 2013

Meet Your ESST Exec!

JENNA KHOURY-HANNA (Co-President)
Hi! My name is Jenna Khoury-Hanna and I am one of your co-presidents for this year. I am in my third year of Environmental and Sustainability Studies and Political Science. I am from Eastern Passage, a small community outside of Dartmouth here in Nova Scotia. I am really interested in sustainable food and environmental policy and hope to become an environmental lawyer someday. I am also a board member for the Nova Scotia Environmental Network and a representative for Bullfrog Power, a green energy company.

COLIN McGuire (Co-President)
Hi everyone! My name is Colin McGuire and I hail from Fall River, Nova Scotia. I am a second year ESST and Recreation Management student, and one of the co-presidents of your ESST Student Society! I enjoy playing sports (hockey, baseball and rugby mainly), doing improvised theatre and playing the trumpet. I would like to one day become a hip-hop artist, however I need to work on my "flow" first. My favourite animal is the lion, and I know that if we work together, we can make this world a better place!





ERIN ANDERSON (VP Communications)
Hey ESST! My name is Erin Anderson and I'm VP Communications for the 2012-2013 year! I'm in my second year in ESST with a minor in sociology. I'm from a small town near Burlington, Vermont. I love snowboarding at my local mountain, Smugglers' Notch, and I love teaching snowboarding to kids there. I'm looking forward to continuing to create a great community within the program as the year continues and the program grows!


EMILY KENNEDY: (VP Finance)
Howdy! My name is Emily Kennedy and I'm the VP Finance. I hail from the tropical paradise of Porters Lake, NS, and am currently in my 3rd year. I enjoy running, unofficial National Holidays and '90s cartoon theme songs. A little fun fact about me is that I am allergic to cows, soy, almonds, and well, anything that tastes good. My goals for after graduation are to see every country in Africa and to nurture my passion to really make a difference in the world through laughter and understanding.


RACHEL MORRISON (Co-Events Coordinator)
After working in animation for 12 years, I've decided to switch to something more meaningful and helpful. I'm in my second year of Recreation Management and Environmental Sustainability Studies, and LOVE Acadia! My primary focus is currently on permaculture and sustainable energies, with the hope of learning forest gardening and helping to revolutionize how we grow food. I hope to get to know more of the wonderful people in the ESST program and that this year continues to be a great one!


TARYN CLUNAS (Co-Events Coordinator)
Hey! I am a 3'rd year ESST student focusing in Community Development.  I am from the Toronto Area and am loving my time at Acadia!  I came to Acadia because of the small classes and the small size over the huge schools closer to home.  Over the summers I enjoy getting outside, and love to go canoeing, either for a day or for a month.  I also enjoy spending time curled up with a cup of coffee and a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment