Sunday, January 13, 2013

Meet Your Year Reps!

MANDY BUNTEN-WALBERG (4th Year Rep)
Hi everyone!  My name is Mandy, and I am thrilled to be the ESST Fourth Year Rep!  Why did I decide to leave my hometown of Morinville, Alberta to major in ESST and become a part of the ESST Society, you might ask?  Well, I suppose it's because I believe in building healthy communities,  fighting for the rights of living creatures, and protecting the earth's interconnected systems on which all beings rely.  But don't be fooled...The environment is not my only interest!  I also love collecting pins and masks, studying philosophy, petting my filthy little dog Cocoa (seriously, I have never met a messier animal!), eating anything that has been deep-fried, and watching old movies.








Rhema Ferguson (3rd Year Rep)
Hey guys! My name is Rhema, and I am your 3rd year Environmental and Sustainability Studies representative. For those that don't know or haven't heard me brag about where I'm from, I hail from the sandy shores of The Bahamas. At this point you're probably wondering why I came all the way up to Canada for school, (trust me I do it sometimes too, especially in the winter) but I'm the type of person that loves having new experiences, meeting new people and and going to new places. I am currently currently majoring in ESST with a minor in Sociology, and I hope to one day become an environmental sociologist or an educator. I also hope to help bridge some of the gaps between our years and build a stronger ESST community. :)

STEPHANIE MCGLASHAN (2nd Year Rep)
Hello fellow ESST'ers, my name is Stephanie McGlashan, and I am currently in my second (technically first) year here at Acadia, majoring in Environment and Sustainability Studies, with a minor in nutrition. I'm from a small town called Wakefield, Quebec, located about 30 minutes north of Ottawa. My passions lie within family, friends, physical activity, food, and the environment. With my time and experience at Acadia I hope to be able to make a difference and improve the quality of life for future generations, while respecting and preserving the environment.







RAYMOND WIESER (1st Year Rep)
Hey fellow ESST Students! My name is Raymond Wieser, and I am a first year Environmental and Sustainability Studies student, as well as being the First Year ESST representative! I grew up in a small town called Whichurch-Stouffville just north of Toronto, but for the last few years I have been living in Markham. My whole family is vegetarian, and cares deeply about the environment, so that's probably where my interest in this field started! My other passions include photography, geography, mapping, hiking, camping, cross-country skiing, traveling and meteorology. Being in this field of study, I really hope I can make a difference in the world, or at least in my community, educating people on the environmental issues that affect us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment